MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mycoworks is seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic quality control technician with a strong quality mindset to support the quality team. The candidate will work cross-functionally with individuals and departments such as operation, warehouse, safety, maintenance, engineering.
This role will require the candidate to perform a series of ongoing quality control checks during production with a key focus on accuracy, consistency, and integrity. The goal will be to ensure the compliance of the key quality parameters for the manufacturing of biomaterials- Fine Mycelium.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for following defined standards and protocols, and adequately identifying and addressing deviations in the process during monitoring and inspection. The individual will have minimal experience in improving product quality by making recommendations for change based on quality observations. The individual will be expected to work in a deliverable-based atmosphere with quality metrics used to assess outcomes.
This role will involve overtime of approximately five hours a week.
- Follow all safety and quality protocols outlined in company protocols
- Follow written protocol to analyze product quality
- Maintain calibration of quality control equipment
- Perform inspections across all stages of production
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products
- Ensure manufactured products adhere to customer quality standards
- Communicate quality concerns with urgency
- Participate in group discussion to create solutions for identified problems
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Record and analyze data, manage documentation and communicate/present results within and outside the team
- Minimum high school diploma
- At least one year of work experience in quality assurance and quality control environment required
- Prior experience in food, pharmaceutical, consumer products manufacturing experience is a plus
- Be detail-oriented, with a high level of focus on the quality of your work
- Ability to work on your feet the majority of your shift and handle materials up to 50 pounds in weight with assistance (i.e. push and pull, or lift in tandem)
- Capable of working individually and as a part of a team
- Comfortable with autonomy and a deliverable oriented approach
- The ability to be coachable and both give and receive constructive feedback
- Basic written and verbal communication skills in English required
- General computer knowledge and data entry ability
- Must be able to follow cleanroom and safety practices