MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Quality Lab Technician - finished and in-process materials testing (mycelium). This position will be responsible for performing product testing. They will be responsible for ensuring all assigned tests are executed per the defined instructions and schedule. The technician will preferably have work experience in high-volume materials, textiles or leather testing lab. This role supports Product Development, Manufacturing, and FMRD teams to test materials, document processes and procedures, support test protocol execution, and track results.
The role reports to the Director of Quality and will work collaboratively under the direction and planning of the Quality Lead.
- Perform hands-on testing of incoming materials, in-process products, and finished products daily
- Support cross-functional partners in data collection and analysis
- Design and perform specialized testing methods based on project specifications
- Support implementation and validation of new testing procedures
- Support management of lab equipment for calibration, cleaning, and maintenance
- Participate in and support assigned project meetings
- Associate or bachelor's degree in textile engineering, textile science, or material science or equivalent scientific discipline is preferred
- 1-2 years in previous research or quality control laboratory as Lab Analyst, Technician, Lab Associate experience, preferably in materials, textiles, leather, or consumer products
- Familiarity with standardized testing procedures is preferred
- Work experience in a lean work environment is a plus
- Excellent capability with MS Office, Gsuite, and data reporting
- Familiarity with lab systems, instrument management, and calibration schedules is preferred
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are a must in this position
- Highly adaptive to quick-changing and dynamic work processes and environment
- Experienced in working in a new start-up environment
- An excellent team player and individual contributor
- Ability to lift or move up to 10 lbs frequently above head to below knees
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 lbs regularly
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs occasionally
- Must be able to sit or stand to perform work for 2-4 hours at a time and intermittently throughout the shift
- Must be comfortable operating heavy machinery and test equipment
- Use hands to move samples, use tools and controls
- Perform repetitive motion for 2-4 hours at a time and intermittently throughout the shift
- Ability to type and look at computer screens for entire shift
- Manipulate small parts with hands or tweezers daily
- Work may involve repetitive arm and wrist motions
- Will need to stoop, kneel or crouch regularly
- Manipulate sharp cutting tools safely daily
- PPE required at times