MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mycoworks is seeking a talented manufacturing quality engineer to support the quality team. The candidate will work cross-functionally with individuals and departments such as Process Development Engineering, Process Engineering, Operations, FMR&D, and Engineering.
The role will require the candidate to support the knowledge transfer from process development and process engineering to quality with a key focus on statistical process control, quality standards, and continuous improvement. The goal will be to ensure the compliance of the key quality parameters for the manufacturing of biomaterials- Fine Mycelium.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving, and experience in improving product quality by making recommendations for change based on in-process data analysis. The ability to create the company's quality standards and testing quality systems to reflect efficiency, reliability, and performance is highly desired. The individual will be expected to work in a deliverable-based atmosphere with quality metrics used to assess outcomes.
- Develop inspection methods to analyze product quality
- Monitoring and analyzing quality performance
- Develop and lead manufacturing quality control team
- Develop inspecting and testing methods for equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met
- Work together with relevant teams and departments to improve products
- Ensure manufactured products adhere to customer quality standards
- Brainstorm ideas to create solutions for identified problems
- Document results and findings after inspections are carried out
- Implement a working system to ensure conformity and accuracy in the quality control process
- Record and analyze data, manage documentation and communicate/present results within and outside the team
- Support SOP writing
- BS or MS in industrial engineering or relevant field
- Minimum five years’ experience of quality engineering in the manufacturing field, such as food, consumer products, etc.
- Extensive experience in quality assurance and quality control environment required
- Experience in developing and leading a team
- Capable of working individually and as a part of a team
- Comfortable with autonomy and a deliverable oriented approach
- Critical thinking and experimental design skills
- Strong statistical data analysis and communication of results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Six sigma certification- green belt or above is a plus
- Additional quality assurance certification, such as Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is a plus
- Must be able to follow cleanroom and safety practices