MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are a team of strategic thinkers and creatives who work interdependently, whether developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, creating team stories, building brand presentations, or designing partner collaborations. The pace is fast, the progress is constant and the possibilities are endless.
As the Designer, you should be extremely creative, dedicated, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will work directly with our VP of Brand & Marketing, our Art Director and within our Marketing Team to visualize new ideas that support company branding, websites for company and brand, promotional campaigns, marketing and internal communications. You will take various marketing initiatives from ideation to development to implementation across all channels.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create and implement tailored designs and plans that support MycoWorks, Reishi™ and specific brand partner product launches
- Implement and push our branding across internal and external channels, particularly in, but not limited to, social media content, presentations, event graphics and promotional materials
- Collaborate with other team members to divide and conquer
- Support Art Director on design, concepting and sourcing
- Craft beautiful design solutions with impeccable sense of design and typography
- 2-3 years of design experience preferred
- Portfolio of work exhibiting your attention to detail and design eye
- Willingness to learn and grow with MycoWorks
- Previous design experience preferred, particularly with, but not limited to web, social, and luxury fashion/lifestyle design
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe programs, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign + Figma. Working knowledge in motion and prototyping programs desired
- A solid understanding of integrated design, copy, photography, and UX/UI practices
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker
- Solid organizational skills, detail-oriented; time management skills, ability to juggle priorities
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to collaborate and work with a wide range of people across various disciplines
- You will be surrounded by talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams
- Must provide a link to your portfolio, including concept work