MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Logistics Manager. The person will be responsible for designing and implementing company-wide inventory strategies including raw materials, in-process materials and finished goods. The person will be expected to design and manage the process and warehouse space for incoming materials and outgoing materials. Upon building these foundational supply chain processes and systems, the role will require setting appropriate metrics to track and trend performance to plan. This role supports all functions of the organization including both commercial and R&D. The role reports to the Vice President of Supply Chain.
- Own, build, run and maintain the Logistics function, collaborate with VP of Supply Chain on strategies and inventory/warehouse operations
- Ability to build, train, recruit team members as needed - including analysts, shipping/receiving agents, logistics coordinators
- Facilitate and coordinate with logistics carriers and couriers, and customs brokers regarding all aspects of transport service, including but not limited to order placement, building and reviewing shipping documents, tracking, receipt confirmation, and ensuring the quality of the product during transit
- Manage import and export process including ensuring compliance with local and regional import/export regulations particularly for US, and EU
- Establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments and on-time/delivery performance
- Develop, implement and enforce SOPs for all aspects of logistics management, including import and export activities, transportation risk analysis and shipping validation for Finished/Semi-Finished Goods
- Manage and assess courier/vendor performance and report operational metrics (KPIs) to senior management, as well as any regulatory reporting requirements related to transportation and logistics activities
- Lead the selection of couriers/vendors in order to determine optimal design and cost for regional/affiliate logistics operations
- Lead and measure processes to ensure logistics operations are completed with excellence. Manage a team of shipping, receiving, materials management and warehouse personnel
- BS/MS in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Management or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years experience with increasing levels of logistics/inventory management responsibility, with 3-5 years’ experience managing people.
- Experience with Enterprise Warehouse Management Systems
- Strong understanding of import/export requirements and customs practices for US and EU
- Experience in vendor oversight and managing external partnerships and relationships.
- Professional supply chain certification a plus (APICS, SOLE)
- In depth knowledge/experience with life science warehouse and inventory management
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive, results oriented.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide data-based insights and observations.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibility