MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Manufacturing Site Start-Up Project Manager will be a new team member in the Project Management department, with a specific focus on our new manufacturing facility start-up. In this role it will be pertinent to understand Vertical Start-up Methodology (VSU), a phased approach to expedite ramp-up in manufacturing start-ups to full production, while introducing practices and methodologies to limit production loss. Past experience with the VSU framework is not expected; however, deep experience in manufacturing environments, especially plant start-ups, is desired and will be critical to the understanding and implementation of said processes.
In order to effectively implement manufacturing processes at our new site, you will develop detailed project plans, regular status updates, identify off track-items, and work with team members to develop mitigations. In order to prepare for implementation at our new manufacturing plant, you will work with operations and process engineering to manage ramp-up at our pilot facility in Emeryville. This will help progress the manufacturing execution of the pilot facility, as well as provide deep knowledge of the manufacturing methodologies (VSU and The MycoWay) for application at our new production plant. The new production facility will be located in the Southeast US and regular travel to the site will be expected starting in Q2 2022.
- Become well versed in Vertical Start-Up (VSU) and MycoWay manufacturing processes and assist in its propagation throughout the company
- Develop and maintain schedule covering VSU deliverables, training, and process related deliverables for site start-up. The schedule should be in line with site construction schedule to ensure processes and capabilities are delivered on time for start-up
- Provide regular check-ins on schedule adherence and proactively identify off-track deliverables and collaborate on how to remove barriers
- Provide project management support for phased start-up approach, utilizing VSU methodology
- Ten plus years’ project management experience in large scale manufacturing start-ups
- Strong background in a manufacturing environment
- Able to work with multiple C-suite executives as well as their direct reports
- Extremely well organized and precise in daily work
- Strong computer skills including scheduling, MS Office suite