MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking an experienced engineer to fill the role of Manufacturing Engineering Manager within the MycoWorks Engineering Team. This role will report to the Director of Engineering and will work collaboratively with both Process Development and Production Operations to develop and scale new manufacturing systems, equipment automation solutions, and process reliability improvements for our pilot plant facility and future manufacturing site. A strong track record of leading engineering teams and managing capital projects along with expertise in design, manufacturing, and automation are crucial for this role.
- Lead the design of a new manufacturing process and a new production plant from the ground up.
- Manage a diverse team of 4-5 junior and senior engineers, providing daily technical coaching and ongoing career mentorship.
- Oversee the design, installation, and startup of a wide variety of manufacturing equipment, including automated material storage systems, robotic material handling technologies, and finished product processing operations (drying, packaging, palletizing, and shipping).
- Guide the development of design specifications for new manufacturing equipment supporting high-volume production based on product transformational requirements and process operational criteria.
- Research new technologies, design machine prototypes, and implement automation solutions to improve manufacturing reliability and production throughput.
- Develop technology master plans and define design standards for plant manufacturing systems and automation equipment.
- Manage the delivery of key capital projects, including schedule and budget oversight.
- Provide technical direction to engineering firms, equipment vendors, and construction resources throughout all project phases (design through construction and startup).
- Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Degree (BS/MS)
- Manufacturing Industry Experience (8+ Years - Preferably Food/Beverage, Consumer Products, or Similar High-Volume Industries)
- Engineering Leadership Experience (3+ Years Managing Engineering Teams & Direct Reports)
- Expertise in Design for Manufacturing & Lean Manufacturing Methodologies
- Project Management Proficiency (Strong Scheduling, Budgeting, & Resourcing Skills)