MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Senior Maintenance Planner. This person will be a member of the Manufacturing team and have responsibility for the equipment health of a new Reishi™ production facility. The Senior Maintenance Planner: develops, communicates, and executes maintenance plans; master schedules to utilize plant resources effectively and efficiently (material, labor and capacity); assists in the development and implementation of Mycoworks’s CMMS program; drives a reduction in machine downtime and maintenance cost via the rigorous execution of daily management systems; and builds technical and system capability throughout the organization in the area of Maintenance.
This individual will work closely with Safety, Operations, Engineering, Quality, and other internal/external customers and will report to the Senior Maintenance Manager.
- Serve as system administrator for the CMMS system, coordinating software updates, modifications, and user access rights
- Manage assets and associated records as well as work orders within the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS); inputting and updating PMs, calibrations, equipment record and all applicable data
- Utilize the work order backlog to select work orders for execution that match capacity of assigned crews and job priority
- Ensures that job deadlines are met and that Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedules are given top priority - often visits job sites to review progress of jobs
- Develops detailed plans for extensive equipment repairs and overhauls; maintains oversight of the job plan / task library within the CMMS, and provides initial resource and activity schedule leveling
- Oversees and issues detailed schedules, informational documentation, and job plan tasks for maintenance, engineering, and partner organizations
- Assists with developing and monitoring area shutdown planning as applicable. Works with all site functions to develop procedures and work practices
- Continuous improvement of work order planning and scheduling process through the review and use of metrics, analysis of workflow, job demands and expectations
- Provides software training to end-users and new CMMS users; serves as a liaison for problem solving and escalation
- Assumes a leadership role in the day-to-day activities of the spare parts area
- Provides input into spare part stocking decisions based on receipt of work request, reviews scope of work, confirms job priority and requested completion dates and lead times, ensures that charge numbers and codes are complete and accurate, ensures authorization is proper, and reviews job details with originating department
- Establishes the minimum and maximum stock level for spare parts and assure all the parts are on site when needed
- Ensures identification, acquisition, and kitting of parts; collection of tools, documentation, and procedures are completed in preparation for shutdown/maintenance activities
Required Job Qualifications:
- AA/AS in Engineering or Technical field preferred OR Technical school certificate with five plus years of experience of electrical and mechanical systems maintenance in a manufacturing setting
- CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) for managing asset/instrumentation master data records and work order process systems
- Advanced computer skills in CMMS, Excel, Word, or similar, and proven electronic data/records management experience is required.
- Understanding of TPM methodologies and implementation
- Experience with starting up new equipment and/or production lines
- Experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of OSHA standards