MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to create a platform for the highest quality materials using Fine Mycelium™, and our vision is to grow the future of materials. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and our relationships with our customers and one another are built on our core values of respect, empowerment, innovation, interconnection and accountability.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Continuous Improvement Manager. This person and their team will be responsible for leading the company’s continuous improvement program and building operational excellence within MycoWorks’ new Reishi™production facility.
Critical focus areas for the Continuous Improvement Manager will be: developing all critical standards tied to optimally running the production facility; coaching and development of all plant operators via training of the standards; eliminating the facility’s top losses to root cause (technical and work process); development, maintenance, and training of critical Daily Management Systems; assisting with the implementation of the MycoWay (MycoWorks’ novel manufacturing work system).
This role interacts heavily with multiple organizations including Production, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and Process Development. The role reports to the Director of Manufacturing.
FUNCTIONAL EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Manages a group of team members responsible for all aspects of continuous improvement throughout the facility: technical training, increasing throughput, decreasing downtime/stops, improving work process inefficiencies, managing and improving Data Management Systems, eliminating other wastes, etc.
- Collaborate with experts across multiple functions and disciplines in order to arrive at the best possible solution to any given problem
- Build a team that becomes the “process experts” for the plant - able to give technical and process input for future scale-up projects
- Facilitates employee adoption and usage of new/updated standards and project solutions and minimizes resistance to the changes
- Build Operator capability through the development and training of Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and One-Point Lessons
- Become an Autonomous Maintenance expert and utilize related Daily Management Systems to maintain systematic fixes
- Own the delivery and start-up of new machinery and projects in the 64th St. facility
- Assist in the development and rollout of quality-related standards
- Support the implementation of the MycoWay by leveraging servant leadership principles
- Promote a “Zero Defect” culture within the facility
- Helps to drive the company vision and values
Required Job Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering or Business is preferred
- Five plus years of experience working in a manufacturing facility with two plus years managing others (degreed and non-degreed individuals)
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools and ability to coach others in the organization on their proper execution
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Understanding of TPM / Lean methodologies - Black Belt Six Sigma Certification or similar certification preferred
- Ability to execute gap analyses and create focused action plans
- Understanding of autonomous systems, specifically: Defect Handling; Centerline, Inspect, and Lubrication
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Knowledge and experience working in a cleanroom environment a plus
- Experience with starting up new equipment and/or production lines a plus