MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mycoworks is seeking a process development engineer to support the Process Engineering and Operations teams. The candidate will work cross-functionally with individuals and departments such as Research and Development, Quality, and Product Management as well as leather product experts. The role will require the candidate to facilitate development of the product and process with a key focus on mycological processes and growth conditions. The ultimate goal will be to support delivery of a product that meets customer specifications consistently.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude for critical thinking and experimental design, and experience in taking a product from design to manufacturing. The ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate data as well as the ability to synthesize actions from results is highly desired. The individual will be expected to work in a deliverable based atmosphere with operations metrics used to assess outcomes.
- Gain thorough understanding of the product, process, customer specifications and identify areas of improvement and development process improvements
- Design and execute experiments to understand and improve the product
- Disseminate results and create scalable processes with operations team
- Work with operators, process engineers, and research teams to drive actions, transfer knowledge, standardize work, and/or identify issues
- Work on developing process flow diagrams, SOP/WI’s, and other standard work materials for process reliability and scale-up
- Record and analyze data, manage documentation and communicate/present results within and outside the team
- Help establish and maintain a unique process capable of delivering one of the most innovative materials in the world
Required Job Qualifications
- BS, MS or PhD in biology, mycology, or a related field
- Three to ten years experience in industry and/or manufacturing, preferably in industrial mushroom farming/processing
- Experience developing technical understanding of a fungal grown and replication process
- Ability to work individually and as a part of a team
- Comfortable with autonomy and a deliverable oriented approach
- Critical thinking and experimental design skills
- Data analysis and communication of results
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to follow cleanroom and safety practices