MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage and grow MycoWorks’ social media channels, including two Instagram accounts (MycoWorks and MadeWithReishi), Twitter, YouTube. LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Collaborate with Lead Writer to create social media strategy (themes, regularity, flow, engagement strategies, social calendar and paid promotions to grow brand awareness and audience)
- Own social media calendar and post engaging content that adheres to MycoWorks voice guidelines, aimed at driving new followers and potential partnerships
- Collaborate with Creative Producer and Art Director to create visually compelling content
- Collaborate with Lead Writer to develop a loyal and engaged audience, and drive excellent, highly-converting traffic to the MycoWorks site
- Collaborate with Lead Writer to create individual engagement strategies for high-level influencers and brands that further MycoWorks awareness; create content initiatives to reach, develop, convert their audiences, and also add reach to partnership opportunities. Develop targeted plans to promote conscious designers, trend hunters, environmental advocates and fashion trendsetters on social channels
- Ability to act as the voice of our company and manage all community based conversations (on our accounts and beyond) in a way that creates and invigorates relationships with followers that in turn make them want to evangelize on our behalf
- Collaborate cross functionally with People and Culture teams to optimize internal communication and boost employee engagement
- Stay current with industry and social trends. Make recommendations to ensure that MycoWorks feeds stay fresh and relevant in a fast-changing, competitive landscape.
- Establish a best practices social media process for the company: When and how to post, best performing posts, hashtags, ideal flow, etc
- Ensure that MycoWorks is continually using the best technology, platforms and content to ensure maximum engagement and growth
- Set monthly KPIs against traffic, engagement, and audience development; analyze impact of traffic-driving and audience building activities and report tracking weekly (summary) and quarterly
- 3+ years experience managing and creating engaging content for social feeds in a professional capacity
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proficient in social media content management and scheduling platforms
- Ability to set and measure qualitative and quantitative KPIs for community impact and sentiment, and adjust plans based on those metrics.
- Superior organization and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable creating presentations and presenting them to colleagues and executives
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally. Team player is a must.
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to develop data-driven strategies
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment with dynamic objectives.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Agency experience a plus
- Experience working with Google Drive, Typeform, WordPress, Figma and Adobe CS a plus