MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Production Process Engineer. This person will be responsible for improving all machinery, processes, and operator capability in MycoWorks’ new Reishi™production facility.
Critical focus areas for the Production Process Engineer will be: eliminating the facility’s top losses to root cause; development and maintenance of critical Daily Management Systems; assisting with the implementation of the MycoWay (MycoWorks’ novel manufacturing work system); coaching and development of all plant operators via the rollout of standards; improving the quality systems throughout the facility.
This role interacts heavily with multiple organizations, including Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, and Process Development. The role reports to the Production Line Leader.
FUNCTIONAL EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Identify, prioritize, analyze,and eliminate manufacturing process losses and inefficiencies
- Collaborate with experts across multiple functions and disciplines in order to arrive at the best possible solution to any given problem
- Become the “process expert” for the plant and be able to give technical and process input for future scale-up projects
- Build Operator capability through the development and training of Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and One-Point Lessons
- Become an Autonomous Maintenance expert and utilize related Daily Management Systems to maintain systematic fixes
- Own the delivery and start-up of new machinery and projects in the 64th St. facility
- Assist in the development and rollout of quality-related standards
- Support the implementation of the MycoWay by leveraging servant leadership principles
- Promote a “Zero Defect” culture within the facility
- Helps to drive the company vision in production facility
- Serve as the back-up to the Production Line Leader
Required Job Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering or Business is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in Manufacturing working on the production floor and coaching operators
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools and ability to coach others in the organization on their proper execution
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Understanding of TPM / Lean methodologies
- Ability to execute gap analyses and create focused action plans
- Understanding of autonomous systems, specifically: Defect Handling; Centerline, Inspect, and Lubrication
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Knowledge and experience working in a cleanroom environment a plus
- Experience with starting up new equipment and/or production lines a plus