MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mycoworks is seeking a Data Analyst to support the Process Engineering and Operations teams. The candidate will work cross-functionally with individuals and departments such as Research and Development, Quality, and Product Management. The role will require the candidate to analyze, report, and communicate process data, create data infrastructure and pipelines, support metric and modelling development, and help identify actions to improve the process. The ultimate goal will be to support delivery of a product that meets customer specifications consistently via information and data analytics.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude in statistics, critical thinking, experimental design, data communication, and experience in manufacturing. Strong attention to detail, pattern identification, and the ability to work independently and within a team is highly desirable. The individual will be expected to work in a deliverable based atmosphere with operations metrics used to assess process engineering outcomes.
- Understand the production process and data systems
- Collaborate with other departments and/or individuals to drive work
- Extract, review, and analyze master data in various systems such as MES and other data systems with a primary goal being identification of loss and development of actions to resolve issues
- Analysis of process data with a key focus on production and synthesis of recommendations and actions based on results
- Support and collaborate with team members in projects that utilize production data. Advise and guide work based on developed expertise in the business and data models
- Work with stakeholders across functions to review, understand and optimize data
- Explain complex information and systems to others and present data to stakeholders at all levels in a clear and concise manner
- Prepare summaries, visualization, dashboards, and other reporting platforms
- Participate in presentations to operations and appropriate stakeholders as required
- Supports departmental business plans/processes
- Help establishing, enforcing, and/or managing procedures related to managing data
Required Job Qualifications
- BS or MS in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Work experience in data analytics or related field (Two or more years)
- Strong experience in writing SQL and Python
- Familiar with Data visualization tools and techniques and manufacturing data systems (MES, PLC)
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to combine and identify patterns across multiple datasets
- Strong attention to details and data accuracy
- Ability to work individually and as a part of a team
- Comfortable with autonomy and a deliverable oriented approach
- Critical thinking and experimental design skills
- Written and verbal communication skills