MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to fill the role of Senior Automation Engineer within the MycoWorks Engineering Team. This role will report to the Process Engineering Manager and will work collaboratively with both Process Development and Production Operations to develop and scale manufacturing process systems, equipment automation solutions, and material handling infrastructure for our pilot plant facility and future manufacturing site. Expertise in design, manufacturing, and automation as well as a passion for sustainability are critical for this role.
- Support the overall design for a new manufacturing process and a new production plant from the ground up
- Oversee the design, installation, and startup of critical manufacturing processes, including product/material handling, conveyance/AGV transport, finishing, drying, packaging, and palletizing.
- Specify/design new equipment supporting high-volume production based on product transformational requirements and process operational criteria
- Research new technologies and implement automation solutions to improve manufacturing reliability and production throughput
- Develop technology master plans and design standards for manufacturing systems and automation equipment
- Provide technical direction to engineering firms, equipment vendors, and construction resources throughout all project phases (design through construction and startup)
- Execute vendor acceptance testing and startup validation activities for new manufacturing equipment
- Lead strategic process-related improvement projects in current pilot plant facility
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BS/MS)
- Manufacturing Industry Experience (4+ Years - Preferably Food/Beverage, Consumer Products, or Similar High-Volume Industries)
- Plant Engineering Knowledge (Material Handling, Conveyance Systems, Machine Safety, Process Reliability, Etc.)
- Process Design Expertise (Machine Design, Throughput Modeling, Reliability Engineering, AGV & Robotics Technologies, Etc.)
- Project Management Proficiency (Scheduling, Budgeting, & Resourcing)