MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer to fill the role of Senior Controls Engineer within the MycoWorks Engineering Team. This role will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager and will work collaboratively with both Process Development and Production Operations to develop and scale equipment automation solutions, data collection systems, and electrical systems infrastructure for our pilot plant facility and future manufacturing site. Expertise in design, manufacturing, and automation as well as a passion for sustainability are critical for this role.
- Support the overall electrical design for a new manufacturing process and a new production plant from the ground up.
- Oversee the design, installation, and startup of manufacturing electrical systems, including equipment power distribution, equipment process control, and data information systems.
- Specify/design electrical subsystems for new equipment supporting high-volume production based on product transformational requirements and process operational criteria.
- Research new technologies, design control systems, and implement automation solutions to improve manufacturing reliability and production throughput.
- Develop technology master plans and design standards for plant electrical systems and automation equipment.
- Provide technical direction to engineering firms, equipment vendors, and construction resources throughout all project phases (design through construction and startup).
- Execute vendor acceptance testing and startup validation activities for new manufacturing equipment.
- Lead strategic controls-related improvement projects in current pilot plant facility.
- Support plant maintenance team in troubleshooting difficult equipment breakdowns and chronic electrical failures to minimize production downtime.
- Electrical Engineering Degree (BS/MS)
- Manufacturing Industry Experience (4+ Years - Preferably Food/Beverage, Consumer Products, or Similar High-Volume Industries)
- Control Systems Expertise (Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), & Human Machine Interfaces (HMI))
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills (Hardware + Software - Including Reading Wiring Diagrams, Understanding Ladder Logic, & Diagnosing Control Issues)
- Electrical Code Knowledge for Manufacturing Equipment Design (NEC, UL, etc.)
- Project Management Proficiency (Scheduling, Budgeting, & Resourcing)