MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Buyer. This position will support the Supply Chain, Operations, and R&D teams and will own the placement of purchase orders as well as the tracking and monitoring the items ordered. This role may involve research of items and equipment, supplier evaluations, and negotiation for competitive pricing. The Buyer will need to see the process through from the beginning of request for quotes to the end by reconciling transactions and submitting final reports to accounting. Developing and maintaining good customer relations both internal and external is critical to this role.
- Working closely with all teams providing support for their inbound materials, equipment and products
- Verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to inventory
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying price and specifications via email or quote
- Obtain items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders
- Authorize payment for purchases forwarding receiving documentation
- Maintain purchasing records and reporting requirements
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality selections, service and support available reliability, production and distribution capabilities
- Own and manage the process of returning and/or disposing of defective or unacceptable goods and/or services. This includes analysis of root cause and implementation of corrective actions necessary to mitigate further risk to production
- Work with the Shipping Clerk to support the identification, acquisition and delivery of all equipment and materials needed
- This position reports to the Director of Supply Chain
- Five plus years experience in purchasing both high volume commodities and custom one off specialty items
- Strong systems and process background
- Extraordinary communication skills
- Comfortable with a high-level of autonomy
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Process driven
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Must be able to follow cleanroom and safety practices