MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Quality Microbiology Lead. They will be responsible for creating, implementing and/or overseeing Quality Microbiology and the Environmental Monitoring Program and serve as subject matter expert. This position will be responsible for all quality microbiological sampling and testing, including raw materials, in-process materials and Environmental Monitoring. This role supports both the Manufacturing and Development teams to create test protocols, plan testing, sample and test materials/environment, document processes and procedures, support test protocol execution and track results.
The role reports to the Senior Quality Manager and will work collaboratively with both Development and Manufacturing.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Microbiology or a related scientific discipline is required. Equivalent experience may be accepted
- Two to three years of previous experience as a lead is preferred
- Five to seven years of previous Lab Analyst, Technician, Lab Associate experience, preferably in a regulated environment - food, consumer products, life science, health
- Experience designing and executing microbiological testing (i.e., total plate count), Environmental Monitoring Program and scheduling
- Responsible for micro sample collection, sample inventory and results analysis and reporting
- Experience with gowning procedures, aseptic technique and contamination control within a clean room environment is preferred
- Ability to lead investigations into deviations, analysis, and reporting of findings to larger team
- Work experience in a Lean Labs environment is not required but helpful
- Full documentation and analysis of test results
- Familiarity with lab systems is preferred, LIMS, ELN, LES, sample management, environmental monitoring, instrument management, calibration scheduling and management
- Excellent capability with MS Office / GSuite tools, data reporting and statistical analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good laboratory compliance and safety practices are a must
- Physical Demands / Surroundings - The duties of this position may require the incumbent to exert some physical effort. Lifting requirements may vary depending on the area and project. Weight is typically no more than 25 pounds. Work environment is dependent upon the area - production areas require full gowning and lab-based areas will require laboratory protocols and dress codes are met