MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mycoworks is seeking a Senior Process Engineer to support the Process Engineering and Operations teams. The candidate will work cross-functionally with individuals and departments such as Research and Development, Quality, and Product Management as well as leather product experts. The role will require the candidate to explore and develop the production process of creating our mycelium products. The ultimate goal will be to support delivery of a product that meets customer specifications consistently.
The ideal candidate will have an aptitude in chemistry and/or biological systems, critical thinking and experimental design, and experience in manufacturing. The ability to analyze, interpret, and communicate data as well as the ability to synthesize actions from results is highly desired. The individual will be expected to work in a deliverable based atmosphere with operations metrics used to assess process engineering outcomes.
- Gain thorough understanding of the product, process, customer specifications and identify gaps using business needs to drive priorities
- Design and execute process and/or product experiments to process in alignment with business and client goals
- Disseminate results and create actionable work aimed at improving the process and/or product
- Work with on-floor operators to execute work, drive actions, transfer knowledge, standardize work, and/or identify issues
- Collaborate with other departments and/or individuals to drive work
- Work on developing process flow diagrams, SOP/WI’s, and other standard work materials for process reliability and scale-up
- Record and analyze data, manage documentation and communicate/present results within and outside the team
- Help establish and maintain a unique process capable of delivering one of the most innovative materials in the world
Required Job Qualifications
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field
- Six to eight years of industry experience
- Experience monitoring product and product quality start to finish
- Support on small capital projects
- Loss/ gap analysis experience
- Must be able to follow cleanroom and safety practices
- Ability to work individually and as a part of a team
- Comfortable with autonomy and a deliverable oriented approach
- Critical thinking and experimental design skills
- Data analysis and communication of results
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with tech transfer and development of standard operating procedures/ work instructions
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Six to eight years of manufacturing experience