MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Own, build, run and maintain the Procurement function, collaborate with Supply Chain Lead on strategies and procurement operations
- Ability to build, train, recruit team members as needed - including analysts and purchasing agents
- Supports scoping of improvement projects and future implementations, participate in the scoping and quoting of projects
- Will own the development of opportunity assessments, category profiles, and strategic sourcing plans
- Owns and executes cost modeling and related financial analyses / mathematical modeling of large data sets - knowledge and implementation of spend cubes is beneficial
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality selections, service and support available reliability, production and distribution capabilities
- Will own vendor relationships and will be expected to coordinate work with others, both internally and externally
- Complete and maintain yearly vendor evaluations
- Build and execute strategic sourcing policies, practices and systems
- BS/MS in Supply Chain, Procurement, or Business Management.
- 4-6 years’ experience with increasing levels of procurement / spend responsibility.
- Experience with Enterprise Procurement Systems including SAP Ariba, Procurify, Coupa etc
- Minimum 4 years demonstrating a high level of product/service expertise including leading negotiations. Built and maintained credibility as an expert within a specific category with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in high levels of team collaboration -- building consensus, promoting an exchange of information among technical and business stakeholders and leading supply chain teams and multi-party negotiations
- Experience developing opportunity assessments, category profiles and strategic sourcing plans
- Professional supply chain certification a plus APICS, ISM
- In depth knowledge / experience with life science categories a plus
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously, have a strong drive - oriented on results
- Strong analytical skills and ability to provide data-based insights and observations
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to grow and take on increased scope of responsibilit