MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Perform a wide variety of diagnostic activities, procedures and techniques to lay out, install, align, repair, overhaul and maintain various types of machines (mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical)
- Respond to all urgent machine failures, coordinating the parts procurement and proper personnel required to safely execute all necessary repairs
- Troubleshoot electrical issues with use of schematics and PLCs
- Leverage strong electrical skills to engineer and design solutions for process changes
- Monitor running conditions of all major systems and critical units
- Collaborate with technicians, vendors, contractors, department managers and engineers on maintenance and other relevant matters
- Review, analyze and enter all work order requests and engage appropriate personnel.
- Review and ensure all work orders are entered into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Keep preventative maintenance assignments current
- Ensuring all necessary maintenance work is executed within allocated budget
- Ensure all necessary tools and materials are available for all maintenance and engineering projects
- Assist with the development of Clean, Inspect, & Lubricate (CIL) standards as well as time-based and emergency maintenance systems and standards
- Assist the Engineering department in the validation of all new equipment for this facility’s startup as well as other items that will support the development of the 10X facility
- AA/AS in Engineering or Technical field preferred - Technical school certificate with 5+ years of experience of electrical and mechanical systems maintenance in a manufacturing setting
- Strong working knowledge of PLC programming (preferably RSLogix 5000 FactoryTalk View SE )
- Troubleshooting capability including: reading blueprints, schematics, and diagrams to determine the method and sequence of the assembly of a part, machine, or piece of equipment
- Understanding of TPM methodologies and implementation
- Experience with starting up new equipment and/or production lines
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of OSHA standards