MycoWorks is the biotechnology company that produces Reishi™, a Fine Mycelium™ option for leather that is neither animal nor plastic. We are currently shipping product to brand partners in fashion, and we are backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in Silicon Valley. Our mission is to benefit the world with new materials that offer superior performance to animal leathers and plastic. As a team, we are data-driven in our commitment to quality, and we strive for transparency, empathy and thriving in the relationships we’re building with customers, partners, and each other.
MycoWorks is committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender non-confirming individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note this role will start in Emeryville, CA and be relocated to our new location, once identified, in the Southeastern United States.
- Will support Process and Design development of new plant capital projects and improvement projects related to the start up of 64th street facility and support in plant continuous improvement in manufacturing
- Will engage with cross functional team members who support design and lead procurement of capital equipment
- Supports capital equipment, layout and operational improvements of strategic initiatives to drive development of a 10x facility
- Supports smaller capital project improvement as needed to enable current small scale plant continuous improvement glidepath
- Communicates results of engineering work process as part of the Mycoway implementation
- Supports tracking of appropriate engineering KPI’s such as modeling & simulation results of design, capital cost, timing and leads stakeholder reviews, problem solving and cross functional issue solving sessions
- Works with outside vendors to enable delivery of capital equipment
- Has strong background in modeling & simulation of process reliability, digital modeling for efficiency and estimation of parts/spares
- Proven ability to develop 1st principles experimentation and use that to create process flow and P&ID
- Has experience developing design specifications
- Demonstrated ability to design experiments to support centerline development
- Has proven ability to perform CQV/IQ OQ PQ testing in factory acceptance or vendor acceptance tests
- Basic experience leading interactions with equipment manufacturers
- Helps drive company vision and initiatives within Engineering
- Assist in execution of strategic and tactical goals
- Works to execute actions and strategies to meet goals
- Reports on progress to other teams and leadership
- Support further development of engineering within the company
- Develop project success criteria and project schedules
- Aid in creation of engineering organization, step up cards and design and plant engineering advancement & training
- Facilitate team development through training and additional responsibilities / ownership