At MyCarrier, the Revenue Analyst will be tasked with driving transparency and accuracy of revenue processes, revenue recognition, and alignment between Sales and Finance. As a fast growing and adapting business, we are seeking a skilled Revenue Analyst that will be excited about joining our transformation journey! The ideal candidate will be a great communicator and self-starter who is willing to challenge the norms and thrives in dynamic environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with sales, product, and finance business partners. Coordinate closely with business partners to ensure complete and accurate information is obtained to support the recording of entries in the general ledger and/or subscription management tools.
- Support customer intake through contract review, validation of performance obligations, timing, and revenue recognition.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP. Perform customer contract review to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies.
- Stay updated with changes in accounting regulations, standards, and industry best practices. Pursue professional development opportunities to demonstrate your commitment to enhancing your skills and knowledge.
- Ownership of reconciliations and other processes within the worldwide revenue close cycle.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) related to revenue and provide regular reports to management.
- Perform data validation and verification to maintain data integrity.
- Assist in revenue forecasting and budgeting processes to support long-term financial planning.
- Work closely with product and sales teams to optimize pricing strategies, packaging, and promotions to maximize revenue potential.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline revenue-related workflows and enhance efficiency.
- Prepare and present revenue-related reports and findings to senior management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A highly productive self-starter with very strong work ethic
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product
- Ability to work independently and thrive, and be a team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication and messaging skills
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Capable of moving between a variety of roles with ease with working with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of revenue recognition standards (e.g., ASC 606).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field (Master's degree is a plus).
- 2+ years of experience in revenue analysis, preferably in a SaaS or technology company.
- Base + Stock Options
- $4,224 annual Employer Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision, life insurance available
- Unlimited PTO
- Monthly catered lunch
- Fully stocked pantry of snacks and fridge full of drinks
- Annual Christmas Party
- Quarterly Team-building Outings
- Professional Development