Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Coatue, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
As Engineering Manager of Developer Insights at Mux, you will dive into building tools in the Mux Data product that give any development team insights into their audience and the confidence that their platform is working. This role will have a strategic impact on the developer and product teams using video in their application and data customers using Mux Video. Some sample projects that your team might take on include: Collection, processing, and storage of data related to video playback, ingestion, and interaction data + presentation of video data for development teams through APIs, Mux Data Dashboard, streaming & batch exports.
What You'll Do
- Lead a distributed team of software engineers focused on empowering any development team to build and track successful video products using video playback, ingestion, and interaction data.
- Collaboratively develop a team vision and Mux Data roadmap with your team, technical leaders, and product counterparts.
- Drive the successful execution of complex deliverables through technical insights, organization, and productive collaboration.
- Cultivate a culture of excellence and psychological safety to build inclusive, productive, healthy teams.
- Hire, develop, and retain strong engineering talent
Who You Are
- 2+ years of engineering management experience with a track record of successfully building and leading inclusive, highly productive teams.
- Substantial experience working on building out features for customers. Strong competency in engineering fundamentals.
- Thrive on nurturing the growth and success of others; you enjoy motivating and bringing a group of people together (engineering and cross-functional).
- Adept at driving decisions and uniting stakeholders when there is ambiguity, disagreements, or conflicting constraints.
- High product & technical curiosity and willingness to learn.
We are remote-equal, with an office space in Downtown San Francisco and another in London, right next to the Liverpool Station.
- Flexible PTO with 2-week minimum + 11 company holidays
- Weekly no-meeting days + quarterly focus weeks
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare, dependent care, and commuter benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness & accident insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Medical support concierge service
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Continued education stipend
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVoD services of Mux customers
- Lunch reimbursement program
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.