Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Coatue, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Team
The Growth & Onboarding team is one of the newest engineering teams at Mux. We’re dedicated to delighting customers from first sign-up to active user. We work cross-functionally with Product, Design, Developer Experience, and Marketing to deliver a cohesive new user experience and increase the accessibility of video to all developers.
We also develop Mux’s design system components and navigation. We are the advocates of frontend architecture and standards across the Mux Engineering org.
About the Role
What You’ll Do
- Delivering high-quality signup and onboarding experiences for Mux customers, such as new user landing pages and in-product tours.
- Implementing features using Typescript, React/Redux, and Elixir on the backend.
- Creating clear frontend standards across our single-page application to enable other engineering teams to move quickly.
Who You Are
- 2+ years of full time software development experience
- Experience building fullstack modern single page applications
- Experience building accessible UX components and pages
- Familiarity with multiple frontend frameworks
- Passion for teaching and learning from your peers
What You’ll Learn
- Instrumentation and experimentation best practices
- Media queries, database queries, and everything in between
- How Mux enables customers to build reliable video and live streaming products
- If it’s new to you, programming functionally in Elixir!
If you don't have all of these requirements but think your experience could be a great fit, that's okay! Please apply and we can talk about what's most needed in the role.
We are remote-equal, with an office space in Downtown San Francisco and another in London, right next to the Liverpool Station.
- Flexible PTO with 2-week minimum + 11 company holidays
- Weekly no-meeting days + quarterly focus weeks
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare, dependent care, and commuter benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness & accident insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Medical support concierge service
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Continued education stipend
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVoD services of Mux customers
- Lunch reimbursement program
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.