Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Coatue, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
Mux is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join their Developer Experience team. This role has the unique opportunity to drive engagement at every point along the customer journey and work with multiple different customer segments. In this role, you’ll be involved in a range of activities including (but not limited to!) planning and executing feature launches, tailoring messaging across audience segments, writing a variety of content, and supporting demand generation campaigns.
On the DevEx team, our collective goal is to make sure every developer knows about Mux, and when they find us, they love us. This will be a key role in helping us achieve that goal!
What You’ll do:
- Become an expert in Mux’s products and different target audiences
- Create and execute go-to-market plans for new features and products
- Clearly communicate the value of Mux to different segments through well-written content, including landing pages, blog posts, case studies, and more
- Work collaboratively with pretty much every team in the company (e.g. product, marketing, sales, etc.) and be a resource to support their initiatives as well as your own
- Identify high impact projects that will help the team and company achieve lofty goals
Who You Are:
- 3+ years in product marketing for a technology product, experience with developer audiences is a plus.
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills and can communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders.
- You’re super good at juggling multiple priorities.
- You’re adaptable and can shift as needed with a growing team and company.
- You enjoy owning and shepherding projects from ideation to final execution.
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Remote lunch reimbursement 3x/week
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (U.S.)