Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
As a Growth Marketer at Mux, your mission is to grow Mux's customer base by experimenting with, optimizing, and scaling various marketing programs. You'll build a growth machine through experimentation and optimization, integrated marketing campaigns, and creative initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, prioritize and execute Growth Marketing programs to help grow top of the funnel and drive new customer acquisition. You will own the end-to-end execution of campaigns, including implementation, optimization, reporting, and analysis.
- Work with a cross-functional team to plan, manage, and execute creative multi-channel growth marketing projects to drive customer acquisition.
- Experiment with marketing levers or in partnership with product to design and launch campaigns aimed at increasing product activation and usage.
- Deeply understand our user journey and identify areas of opportunity to drive growth.
- Build the muscle of experimentation and optimization. Create and manage iterative experiments to help improve website performance, optimize conversions and help improve user experience.
- Partner with the team to create and own Growth metrics to help grow the inbound funnel, with a focus on growing customer count and revenue.
- Present results, learnings, and recommendations based on program and campaign performance.
Who You Are
- 3+ years building growth marketing programs, growth experimentation, with demonstrated success leading projects from ideation to launch, with clear metrics to support and communicate progress.
- Experienced in managing multiple growth channels, deep understanding of how integrated campaigns play together to drive customer acquisition. Hands-on experience running multi-channel acquisition campaigns.
- Creative thinking and ability to test out-of-the-box solutions, deep understanding of the customer journey and hands-on experience in optimizing marketing funnel performance from stage to stage.
- Expert analytical skills - Able to present data with a narrative to inform and persuade.
- Able to influence both internal and external cross-functional teams to achieve objectives.
- You are especially qualified to join us if you've worked with dev tools or other API products before.
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Remote lunch reimbursement 3x/week
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (U.S.)