Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Coatue, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
As our Sales Engineer you'll help turn prospects into fans by helping them operate successful video streaming applications using Mux products.
What You’ll Do
- Drive growth by helping customers and prospects understand and utilize the Mux platform to achieve or exceed their business/technical outcomes.
- Work with Account Executives to identify and qualify opportunities, identify key customer technical requirements/objections and develop prescriptive strategies to address customer/prospect needs.
- Work with Mux customers and prospects to demo/prototype Mux API and Data integrations by assessing application designs and providing best-practice recommendations
- Manage the technical relationship with Mux customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Be the voice of the customer and advocate to internal Mux teams to help improve the Mux products and internal processes.
Who You Are
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with the know-how to get things done and possess the ability to lead others to success.
- Excellent communicator and presenter with the ability to quickly earn customer trust and build customer confidence.
- (1-4) years of experience in customer-facing technical sales role and working with internal cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with Cloud Providers (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) and Content Delivery Networks.
- Bonus: You have experience working HTML5 video, HLS, Dash, and various players in the market.
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Remote lunch reimbursement 3x/week
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: U.S. Remote (East Coast preferred)