Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
As a Mux Growth Account Executive, you'll be responsible for onboarding new prospects and customers, within the rapid growth "startup" space of emerging companies under 50 employees. You will be able to develop and close opportunities for all Mux products, to help startups leverage video to grow their business.
You will provide valuable touch points throughout the customer journey, from signup to streaming videos, and address both technical and commercial questions. You will build a deep technical understanding of our products and existing customer use cases to ensure rapid addressing of customers' business needs.
You will provide the best experience to prospects and customers to add new logos to the Mux customer base and facilitate their rapid growth. This is an exciting opportunity to roll up your sleeves and get emerged into a highly technical, fast paced environment with a lot of room for growth.
What You’ll Do
- Onboard, assist and delight a high volume of new customers growing their video usage.
- Manage new and existing opportunities in a fast-paced environment, qualifying in/out opportunities generated by the SDR team.
- Work with each customer to understand their video needs and business goals and help them understand how Mux can help them achieve their goals.
- Track customer usage meticulously across our platform, and facilitate growth each step of the way to drive longer customer engagement.
- Drive a value based sale, specifically tailored to address the business needs of a customer and with a deep technical understanding of their pain points and opportunity to succeed.
- Work closely with Solution Engineers to resolve prospects’ technical obstacles and facilitate a solution elegantly oriented to the customer’s business need and long term strategy.
- Refine and evolve our sales process in collaboration with Operations and CSM to enable repeatable sales motion for both new and upsell business in the Growth segment.
Who You Are
- 2+ years of B2B SaaS sales experience in a closing role
- Proven aptitude to learn a complicated process or system (our product is very technical, you must want to learn it and have an ability to apply that technical knowledge in a commercial setting)
- Methodical mind - someone who enjoys looking at a large problem to distill trends and potential solutions or improved efficiencies
- Self starter with a proven track record of both creatively solving problems and exceeding sales targets
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
We are remote-equal, with an office space in Downtown San Francisco and another in London, right next to the Liverpool Station.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Remote lunch reimbursement 3x/week
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (U.S.)