Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Coatue, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
As a Support Engineer, you'll help developers build amazing video products and experiences using Mux. Wherever developers are building and asking questions, you're there to offer a helping hand.
- Become a trusted voice in the world of video by helping developers build better video (using Mux along the way).
- Support developers using Mux through both one-on-one and public channels.
- Translate developer questions into improvements to our documentation, guides, examples, and even API design.
- Speak and write for a developer audience, submit talks, write blog posts, and represent Mux at conferences.
- Contribute code to a rich ecosystem of plugins, SDKs, and open-source projects built around or on top of Mux.
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of experience in an engineering or technical support role.
- You like helping people!
- You feel comfortable writing in at least one programming language and are interested in working with more.
- You're interested in writing for a developer audience.
- Bonus: You're interested in helping build and maintain communities.
You'd join an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, Brightcove, Bain, and the BBC. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Competitive annual leave policy (25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays)
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Private Medical Insurance, dental insurance, and a vision stipend program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life assurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: London, UK