Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
As the Director of Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for developing and managing programs that showcase our unique solutions, technologies, and teams. You have a passion for technology and will bring fresh ideas and perspective to how we communicate Mux's story. This position plays a critical role on a fast-paced communications team and you will need to skillfully manage programs from strategic planning through tactical execution.
What You'll Do
- Build, maintain, and value positive relationships with influencers, including analysts, the media, and our community members.
- Develop unique stories that spotlight our product, culture, and thought leadership.
- Represent the communications function in cross-functional teams to ensure alignment around business objectives and to advance broader company initiatives.
- Work as a key member of the broader leadership team, offering collaboration, ideas, and support beyond the products.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with external public relations agencies.
- Track project results and influence the team and your business partners to apply key learnings to improve future programs.
Who You Are
- 8+ years of proven success developing and managing media relations, content programs, and community relations.
- Ability to understand technology and translate into compelling storylines, messaging, and external communications strategies.
- Strong strategic thinking, writing, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills.
- Understanding of how social media and content creation translate into resources for journalists, bloggers, and other influencers.
- Solid organizational skills: proven capability to manage everything from strategy to details.
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
We're working in a beautiful office space located above historic Orpheum Theatre, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks, snacks, and good coffee.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Catered meals and snacks
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco (Remote considered)