Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. We've built successful products in video technology before (including Zencoder and Video.js), and we're now building data-optimized developer tools to support the biggest use of the internet today: online video.
We have two best-in-class products. Mux Data is a performance analytics tool for video streaming trusted by developers at companies like Vimeo, CBS, and Wistia. Mux Video is a simple API to instant video transcoding and streaming, powered by data and ML-driven encoding decisions.
About the Role
As the Product Manager of Mux Data you will help make video better for billions of viewers by defining the metrics, features, and interfaces that guide our customers. Streaming video to every country and every device at scale is difficult to do. For our customers, who range from individual developers to the largest streaming companies in the world, the right data is critical. At Mux, you'll lead a team of design and engineering and have the chance to work on a wide range of projects, including UIs for analytics, API integrations, SDKs on all devices, and machine learning-backed features.
What you'll do
- Become an expert in the Mux product and customer space, deeply understanding what customers actually need
- Organize and prioritize product work in a way that best achieves company vision and objectives
- Lead a product development team (including engineers and product design) in order to deliver the right product quickly and efficiently
- Help refine our overall product development process
- 2+ years of product management experience.
- 5+ years total experience in product, design, or engineering related work.
- Some hands-on engineering experience.
- Able to work on-site in our San Francisco office.