Mux is building the future of online video infrastructure. We've built successful products in video technology before (including Zencoder and Video.js), and we're now building API-driven tools to support the biggest use of the internet today: online video.
We have two best-in-class products. Mux Data is a performance analytics tool for video streaming trusted by developers at companies like Vimeo, CBS, and Wistia. Mux Video is a simple API to instant video transcoding and streaming. Take any video file or live stream and make it play beautifully at scale on any device with a single API call, powered by magical-feeling features like automatic thumbnails, animated gifs, and data-driven encoding decisions.
About the Role
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Mux, you will use data and machine learning to measurably improve online video streaming performance for billions of video streams. Video is the single biggest use of the internet, but the application of ML to video is still in its infancy. At Mux, you’ll have the chance to step into multiple production ML systems while also building others from scratch.
What You'll Do:
- Improve and train CNN and RNN deep learning models that help Mux deliver measurably better video compression.
- Build and improve systems to detect anomalies in video streaming analytics for billions of monthly video streams.
- Apply ML to computer vision problems such as face detection, object recognition, highlight detection, and more.
- Bring data science and ML expertise to a startup engineering team, mentoring others and helping the team apply data science to building better software.
- Build and improve on our production ML distributed training pipeline using the latest TFX framework while optimizing for performance and accuracy.
- Design and analyze the result of product and feature experiments. Communicate those results and assist in launch decisions.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of engineering or data science experience
- 2+ years of real-world ML experience with systems like Tensorflow
- Able to work on-site in our San Francisco office
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).
Mux is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO