Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
As a Distributed Systems Engineer at Mux, you will help build and manage a complex cloud application. We’re looking for a strong systems engineer with solid fundamentals who can wear many hats, with an emphasis on building the software and tooling to make infrastructure run better.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of engineering experience. You’re a strong engineer comfortable working across multiple platforms and environments.
- Solid engineering fundamentals (CS degree a plus).
- Track record of working on hard problems including job scheduling, concurrency, and scaling.
- Experience with deploying complex applications on cloud platforms using a container orchestration platform, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with administering high availability data technologies.
- Fluency in a systems-level programming language (Golang preferred).
- Video experience a plus but not required.
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance. We're working in a beautiful office space located above historic Orpheum Theatre, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks, snacks, and good coffee.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Catered meals and snacks
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)