As a Distributed Systems Engineer at Mux, you will work on complex cloud services at scale. Our real-time analytics pipeline processes billions of data points every day for some of the worlds biggest media companies, and our global video delivery system transcodes and delivers video at scale. You'll build and operate multi-cloud containerized software on Kubernetes, working with tools like Apache Kafka, Consul, and Docker, and a microservice architecture implemented in Golang with gRPC. We’re looking for a strong engineer who has worked on distributed systems before, who can own important work on a small team, with a goal of delivering highly robust and reliable features and products to our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Work on globally-distributed systems at scale for video delivery and real-time analytics
- Own the feature development lifecycle from architecture and design through to testing and release
- Design and implement systems for managing large scale deployments across multiple cloud providers
- Collaborate across multiple teams to develop and evolve our products and architecture
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of software engineering experience on large-scale production systems
- Expert level knowledge of a systems programming language (Go, Rust, C++, etc.).
- Familiarity with microservice architectures, experience with container orchestration systems is a plus
- Strong understanding of performance, security and reliability in complex global systems
- Bonus for analytics or video technology experience
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).
Mux is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO