At Mux, one of our company values is Turn Customers Into Fans, and as the early front-line technical contact for our customers, the Solution Engineers are situated perfectly to bring this value to life. In this role, you will work directly with our sales team, helping prospective customers understand our technical products, and helping onboard them. In addition, you will provide valuable real-world experience about how customers interact with our products directly to the Product team, and even have the opportunity, should you desire, to work on player integrations, SDKs, or other core functionality. Lastly, you will serve as a subject matter expert on how Mux’s products function, aiding customers and prospects with anything technical about the products.
What you’ll do:
- Own the technical onboarding of our larger customers, setting them up from day one for success with Mux’s products.
- Help the Sales and Customer Success teams drive customer adoption of Mux Products by providing technical guidance and expertise.
- Develop and iterate on internal processes to ensure consistency across customer onboarding.
- Provide critical feedback to Product and Engineering, serving as the voice of the customer to other internal teams.
- Develop new player and language integrations, and help maintain existing ones, as new functionality is required.
Who you are:
- You’re a deeply technical person who relishes understanding how and why things work, especially how separate systems can work together
- You care about customers; you have proven experience in a customer-facing role, with a focus on evangelizing products that customers use
- You are able to work with a variety of stakeholders, ranging from CTOs of large companies all the way down to individual developers that are working on the next big thing in video in their spare weekends
- You’re passionate about video technology or curious to learn about video technology
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills and and can communicate directly and clearly with all stakeholders, internal and external
- You have 3+ years of experience working in a technical customer-facing role
- You have 1+ years of experience working in a purely technical role
- Bonus: You have experience working HTML5 video, HLS, Dash, and various players in the market
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, and Brightcove. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology. We also authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We were named one of the best Y Combinator startups of 2016, and we recently raised a Series A from Accel, joining existing investors SV Angel, Lowercase, the founders of Heroku, Parse, and others.
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).
Mux is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.