As a SRE at Mux, you will build and operate a cloud data platform with exceptional reliability at high scale. This means helping develop and maintain globally distributed multi-cloud applications running in containers on Kubernetes. You will work across the entire stack, from application logic to "infrastructure as code", with the goal of ensuring reliability and visibility into production systems while also supporting development velocity for the team. We're looking for a strong engineer who can work quickly on a small team to have a major impact on our application stack and infrastructure.
What You'll Do:
- Help Mux systems operate with exceptional reliability, durability, and performance as we scale.
- Assist Engineering to develop and deploy code faster, with increased confidence and minimal regressions.
- Ensure Mux Data customers can access the data and insights they need by building out alerting, dashboards, and integrations.
- Help improve maturity of systems and processes.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years experience working on large-scale production systems
- Expert-level knowledge of a systems-level programming language (Golang preferred)
- Experience administering high-availability DBs
- Experience with production deployments on container orchestration platforms
- CS degree (or equivalent experience)
- Video experience a plus but not required.
- A supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance
- Salary + equity with perks like a 10-year exercise window
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Commuter benefits
- Cell phone service and device reimbursements
- Catered lunches, snacks, and good coffee
- Paid parental leave
- Flex PTO policy
- Long-term disability insurance
- Investment in career growth and training
We're working in a beautiful office space, just steps from Civic Center BART station, with catered lunches and a kitchen that's fully stocked with drinks and snacks (No remote options at this time).
Mux is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO