Museum of Ice Cream/Figure 8 is seeking a Project/Production Designer Museum to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and development of exhibits and installations across our brands. You must be comfortable working with a collaborative, optimistic and imaginative team and able to deliver creative solutions promptly in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage exhibit and/or architectural design drawing packages from concept design through design development.
- Help coordinate internal and external design resources.
- Coordinate communication with external architects, engineers, consultants, fabricators, and contractors.
- Work closely with the Design Lead and Producers to ensure exhibits meet design intent.
- Work with proper channels to ensure all designs will be safe and code compliant
- This position may require frequent travel or temporary relocation to provide in-field art direction. Please indicate in your cover letter your availability to travel.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in exhibit, experiential, themed entertainment, theatrical, or scenic design
- You have a master’s degree in architecture, scenic design, or a relevant design field or significant work experience
- You have excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to multitask, stay organized, and keep on top of deadlines.
- You are proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suite. Revit and Sketchup familiarity is a bonus.
- You are able to communicate ideas through rough sketching
- Impossible isn’t in your vocabulary. You are adept at finding creative solutions to technical problems
- You are a purveyor of thoughtful and creative design who takes great pride and ownership in seeing projects through
- You are able and willing to travel internationally.
- A passion for art, design, and ICE CREAM is key. A desire to build, dream and inspire is mandatory.
- BONUS: You have experience in sound, lighting, costume, interior, retail, or graphic design.
- BONUS: You have experience in building/exhibit infrastructure design.
About Museum of Ice Cream:
Museum of Ice Cream is an inclusive & immersive brand, designed to captivate your sweetest fantasy and sugar-filled daydreams online and IRL. At Museum of Ice Cream, we invite you to believe in the magic of creativity, to remind you that inclusive spaces do exist and to show you that childlike wonder is worth savoring. In our world, ice cream is the agent of change and the vehicle to ignite the creative spirit that lives in all of us. Fueled by the power of imagination, MOIC is a universe of possibilities with tons of room for you to explore.
Museum of Ice Cream is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.