Museum of Ice Cream/Figure 8 is looking for a Design Lead who can oversee design initiatives on a project basis and collaborate with our team of creatives through all phases of the design process. You must be comfortable working in a collaborative, optimistic and imaginative environment and able to deliver creative solutions in a fast-paced manner. To be considered for this role, you should have a passion for designing experiences and you should be an innovative and imaginative leader.
- Manage the design process, resources, and drawing package to ensure well-developed concept and DD packages for architectural and exhibit elements
- Create visually stunning representations in line with our brand and vision (including but not limited to: drawings, renderings, design decks, elevations, and technical drawings)
- Collaborate with team on development of design standards and proper workflow
- Work closely with the Director of Design/Creative Director to refine the project vision
- Manage relationships and coordinate with outside consultants
- Work with proper channels to ensure all designs will be safe and code compliant
- Coordinate documentation for construction and fabrication of spaces and other installation elements
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of experience in exhibit, experiential, themed entertainment, theatrical, or scenic design
- You have a master’s degree in architecture, scenic design, or a relevant design field
- You have excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhino, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- You are “quick to the draw” in a literal sense and can illustrate blue sky concepts on the fly
- Impossible isn’t in your vocabulary. You are adept at finding creative solutions to technical problems
- You are a purveyor of thoughtful and creative design who takes great pride and ownership in seeing projects through
- You are able and willing to travel internationally.
- A passion for art, design, and ICE CREAM is key. A desire to build, dream and inspire is mandatory.
- BONUS: You have secondary experience in lighting, costume, interior, retail, or graphic design.
About Museum of Ice Cream:
Museum of Ice Cream is an inclusive & immersive brand, designed to captivate your sweetest fantasy and sugar-filled daydreams online and IRL. At Museum of Ice Cream, we invite you to believe in the magic of creativity, to remind you that inclusive spaces do exist and to show you that childlike wonder is worth savoring. In our world, ice cream is the agent of change and the vehicle to ignite the creative spirit that lives in all of us. Fueled by the power of imagination, MOIC is a universe of possibilities with tons of room for you to explore.
Museum of Ice Cream is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.