Museum of Ice Cream is seeking a passionate Digital Product Designer with a passion for user interfaces, user experiences and digital design to join a fun team of colorful designers and creatives. You will have the opportunity to drive design internally on some very exciting projects and products, designing fun experiences, collaborating with cross-functional teams and creating user interfaces that solve users pain points and drive social engagement. The ideal creative loves to collaborate with other team members within the digital product, technology, and beyond and leverages interaction, strategy, research, UI and visual design in order to wear as many hats as possible to get the product shipped and the job done. Must have experience from concept to launch in the digital product process as well as experience in liasoning with developers/software engineers and visual designers, and experience in immersive/experiential and emerging tech (AR/VR, bridging digital-physical environments, and museum or ticketing based industries) a huge plus! This role has room for growth to take on a senior digital product position, as well as drive internal digital design methodologies and processes.
- A proven track record of user interface design, across a number of products that have been used by different demographics
- Experience with prototyping and taking a product from the idea stage through to launch and beyond
- Ability to take the product’s mission, user research and analytics data and translate into clear, simple UIs
- Strong knowledge of current UX best practices, including user research and accessibility across mobile and web
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, or other design tools.
- You have a portfolio of visually consistent and relevant responsive design work that you’re proud to share with us
- Creating thoughtful and appropriate design solutions to digital challenges of all sizes by translating research insights into beautiful and engaging user interfaces which satisfy user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Designing digital interfaces internally for Museum of Ice Cream and parent company
- Managing external design partners and consultants
- Reviewing and recommending changes to existing internal digital ecosystem
- Collaborating with the marketing, design, and retail team to design aesthetically appealing and intuitive interfaces, both guest-facing and Back of House
- Practicing consistent design formatting and work within brand design guidelines
- Facilitating internal and external feedback and vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products
- Designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user personas, user journeys, and mock-ups
- Meeting with stakeholders to gather feedback, assess requirements and present concepts
- Executing improvements to UX, UI and overall design that represent business as well as peer team requirements
- Creating prototypes and usage scenarios
- Analyzing user feedback and iterating to enhance user experience
- Working closely with internal team and other departments in providing delivery estimates/timelines
- Adhering to engineering excellence procedures
- Manage issues and dependencies by aligning requirements and sprints.
- Conducting usability testing, concept testing, a/b testing, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Working in one of our multidisciplinary product teams and collaborate with our Director of Design, stakeholders, designers and engineers in an iterative, transparent and feedback driven process
- Producing engaging experiences using sketches, storyboards, information architecture blueprints and prototypes to collect feedback and iteratively improve and support the design process
- Translating wireframes and experiences into highly-polished visual composites with attention to interaction design whilst following style and brand guidelines
- Annotating design wireframes and final prototypes when necessary to communicate design intent
- Collaborating cross-functionally with product management, engineering and user research to ensure a smooth, data-driven product development process
- Creating user flows, wireframes, site maps, customer journey maps, and other tools to guide the product development process
- Collaborating with product managers and engineers to conceptualize, document, design and develop new product concepts
- Creating high-fidelity mockups and working with engineers and product managers to oversee UI design implementation, while also serving as an advocate for design in strategic product decisions
- Developing comprehensive annotated design specifications and functional documentation for our engineering team
- Working with engineering team to help develop UI pattern toolkits.
- Driving the feature prioritization and new feature creation of internal digital experiences and interfaces
- Expert in wireframing and UI prototyping
- Ability to create animated prototypes a plus
- HTML, Adobe, some form of prototyping software (Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, Figma etc.).
- CSS knowledge ideal but not required
- User personas, research driven and data-backed design processes
- Knowledge of Invision
- Knowledge of Principle or related software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Excel and Google Drive and Docs suite
- Usage of UX Tools
- Worked on Agile Methodologies