Museum of Ice Cream is looking for a seasoned professional and leader with more than ten years experience delivering outstanding results in Commercial Real Estate Development and Construction. A builder of high performance teams and a natural team leader and motivator. Global experience and strong track record of managing commercial, and mixed use projects from ground up design to the construction of amusement parks. The Senior Construction Manager must have significant strengths in development, negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creating & managing efficient processes that drive consistent and outstanding communication at every level.
- Building and managing collaborative high-performance teams that nail deadlines, budgets & quality standards.
- Removing obstacles and maximizing efficiency and productivity.
- Compressed construction schedules & delivering impeccable quality.
- Instilling a pervasive sense of urgency at all levels of the construction and development process
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Develop complete spreadsheets and charts and reports in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to construction (i.e., engineering, architecture, construction)
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in construction with emphasis in complex, fast track or phased project delivery
- High degree of demonstrated organizational skills and problem‐solving ability, specifically the ability to access resources inside and outside of the company
- Respect for details and the ability to execute at a high level with significant independence
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks to achieve both corporate and project goals
- Articulate communication skills – verbal, pictorial, numerical – as relevant to the development process
- Strategic thinking, demonstrated by ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; understanding of organization's strengths & weaknesses; accurate and thorough analyses of costs and market conditions; identification of external issues and opportunities; and adaptation of strategy to changing conditions
- Business acumen, demonstrated by understanding of business implications of decisions; orientation to profitability; knowledge of market and competition; and alignment of work with strategic goals
- Superior and personable negotiating skills
- Leadership skills, demonstrated by confidence in self and others; ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; and ability to effectively influence actions and opinions of others
- Problem solving expertise, demonstrated by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; working with others to solve complex issues.
- Interpersonal skills, demonstrated by considering and responding appropriately to the needs and capabilities of different people in different situations; tactfulness; treating others with respect; and relating effectively to others when encountering difficult situations.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; scheduling software such as MSProject and Primavera