Museum of Ice Cream is actively seeking a creative, adaptable, self-driven Installation Designer to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for the ideation, development and execution of creative concepts and ideas for current and future Museum of Ice Cream locations. You must be comfortable working with a collaborative, optimistic and imaginative team and able to deliver creative solutions promptly in a fast-paced environment.
- Create and propose unique, on-brand, highly stylized installation ideations on a regular basis for each Museum of Ice Cream location
- Generate floor plans using AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Design all aspects of production for our locations - including but not limited to: installation
- Complete mockups/spatial designs, event builds, internal & external invites, presentations and print collateral
- Create visually arresting representations that speak to the MOIC brand (including but not limited to: illustrator drawings, design briefs, elevations, redesigns and technical drawings)
- Manage relationships and communications with a wide variety of fabricators and vendors nationwide - from obtaining quotes to overseeing the full design and build of the assigned project
- Work closely with CEO to refine and creatively direct each project
- Generate a range of concepts to present to the Founder at the start of each project
- Create designs that can be installed efficiently, are easy to maintain and meet safety requirements
- Develop an on-site installation plan and participate in full production and installation
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 6+ years of experiential or event design experience
- Architectural background or experience
- You must be able to travel nationwide on short notice and temporarily relocate to each Museum of Ice Cream location during buildouts
- You have a strong design background with a clear and proven understanding of spatial design, illustration design, typography and layout
- You must be solutions-oriented and work well under time pressure
- You have excellent verbal communication skills
- You have a strong design background, with proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and AutoCAD and SketchUp
ABOUT MUSEUM OF ICE CREAM:
Museum of Ice Cream is an inclusive and immersive brand, designed to captivate your sweetest fantasy and sugar-filled daydreams online and IRL. At Museum of Ice Cream, we invite you to believe in the magic of creativity, to remind you that inclusive spaces do exist and to show you that childlike wonder is worth savoring. In our world, ice cream is the agent of change and the vehicle to ignite the creative spirit that lives in all of us. Fueled by the power of imagination, MOIC is a universe of possibilities with tons of room for you to explore.
Museum of Ice Cream is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.