Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
Mural created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 700 “MURistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
The Product Growth pillar is responsible for building a best-in-class self serve experience that drives Online ARR growth. We do this by leveraging qualitative and quantitative insights to formulate and quickly test hypotheses and learn and iterate to uncover new opportunities.
As a Principal Software Engineer at MURAL within the Product Growth pillar, you will work across engineering teams, product managers, design teams, leadership, and our usual stakeholders (Product Analytics, Marketing, Data Engineering) providing architectural expertise, mentorship, working proofs of concept, and technical design guidance.
In this role, you will:
- Report directly to our Director of Engineering, Product Growth, and work closely with our Engineering Managers and our Team Architects (reporting to the Engineering Managers).
- Collaborate with engineering leadership as a key author of our technical strategy.
- Guide our teams in technical decision-making without gatekeeping, through intentional culture creation, transparency, and occasional formal review.
- Help teams choose the right tools, frameworks, or techniques for their projects.
- Work closely with our Team Architects to ensure the right level of quality for the code and the tests, address short-term issues and build a long-term strategy around quality
- Partner with members from Product Analytics, Marketing, and Data Engineering to take into account their technical needs in the product.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a leader in MURAL’s engineering leadership team.
- Serve as a key resource for our engineering teams and identify and raise cross-team and cross-org technical, process, and culture issues, working with other technical and non-technical leaders as needed.
- Spend less time on writing code (~25%) and more time on having conversations with stakeholders, writing, reviewing, and socializing plans.
- Deep experience in technical leadership as a lead engineer for multiple teams.
- Experience working in a software engineering organization of MURAL’s size or larger (~25 product teams, ~200 engineers).
- You seek first to collaborate, understand, and listen before sharing your opinion.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills and comfortability presenting highly technical topics to a highly technical audience and less technical business stakeholders.
- Experience building software using React or another modern frontend framework and Node.js across the full stack, but are more interested in broad exposure and helping others tackle their problems.
- Experience mentoring Senior and Staff level engineers.
- Designed systems that are used in a large-scale production environment.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, design patterns, and practices related to building fault-tolerant, highly available, performant applications.
- An advocate for quality and participate in setting standards for the organization.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a Growth team and/or experiment platforms (e.g. Optimizely)
- Experience with Marketing Technology (we heavily rely on Segment, Marketo, Mailchimp)
- Proficiency in analytics tools (Heap, Periscope, Google Analytics, SQL, etc)
In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role ranges from $167,000 to $225,000 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In New York City, the salary for this role ranges from $208,000 to $282,000 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
Please submit your resume in English. #LI-Remote #LI-MB1
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.