MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As a Director of Product Design for Platform, you will:
- Define the product experience strategy and vision for the Platform pillar.
- Recruit, grow, lead and retain a diverse and inclusive team of product designers in applying principles of design thinking to create and deliver engaging and high quality experiences that lead to desired outcomes.
- Oversee the experience for three sub teams: Design System and Accessibility, Integrations and Ecosystem Enablement teams.
- Translate business goals into innovative, creative and engaging product experiences and establish goals and target metrics that design decisions can be mapped to.
- Ensure appropriate and actionable user research is being conducted across all phases of the product development cycle and that design solutions are based on these insights.
- Lead the product designers in a motivating and supportive manner and keep the team on top of the latest UX techniques and tools.
- Build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of customer needs, business objectives and technical constraints.
- Work with other design leaders to establish and promote a vision for the future of design at MURAL.
- 10+ years experience designing exceptional experiences with at least five years leading design teams, ideally in enterprise software, SaaS, or B2B products.
- A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inspiration.
- Excellent practical knowledge of human-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
- Experience facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals and conducting user research.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with teams across the organization.
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual/presentational skills.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- An insatiable curiosity and love of experimentation and vision setting.
- Deep empathy for the people you work with, design for, and lead.
- Passion for great design that is grounded in qualitative and quantitative insights and an appreciation for the details.
- An understanding that feedback is a gift.
- A love of design craft.
- Curiosity for technical subjects (APIs, webhooks, design systems).
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.