MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As a Data Visualization Analyst you will:
- Own and develop queries and data visualizations for ad-hoc, recurring, troubleshooting requests and projects, as well as for ongoing reporting by leveraging SQL, Redshift, Periscope, Tableau skill sets
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Reviewing and improving existing systems and collaborating with teams to integrate new systems.
- Design process to streamline the data project process
- Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- You have relevant experience in data visualization working with business intelligence teams, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, techniques and technology
- You have experience gathering business requirements, using business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics, & build data visualization-heavy reports using data storytelling techniques
- You have experience with query development (SQL and Redshift), data visualization in Tableau, and dashboard design and development
- You are passionate about data visualization and storytelling with data
- You have experience defining visualization standards, visualization templates, color palettes and supporting teams on a daily basis in topics related to visualization
- 2+ years of experience developing/designing dashboards in Tableau
- A Master’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
- Experience in AWS data services such as AWS Redshift, EMR, S3, etc
- Practice software engineering best practices across the development life cycle, including agile methodologies
- Prior experience with forecasting, developing reports, designing and developing dashboards
- Experience being the project owner or leading initiatives
- Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail oriented, build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and Agile development environment
- Have basic understanding of Python or R
- Experience with accessibility in data visualization
- Experience using Tableau as a business intelligence tool
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.