MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
As a Product Designer for the Design System and Accessibility Team you will be making design decisions that improve the accessibility and brand consistency of the MURAL product. Your work will consist of reviewing and improving existing design patterns, as well as creating new design components from scratch.
You'll become a foundational member of a high-impact product design team whose shared goal is to build beautiful and fully accessible interfaces. You’ll passionately act as the voice of the user, working closely with other Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers to deliver our product to all users of all abilities.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Design user interface components that meet current and upcoming WCAG guidelines.
- Contribute to a growing design system.
- Document design decisions for other members of the design team to follow.
- Produce shared library components in Figma
- Take part in user interviews and usability tests within your product area.
- Continuously collaborate with Lead Designers, Engineers and Product Managers to discuss and balance matters of design feasibility and consistency.
- Communicate your ideas, concepts and insights clearly.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 3 + years of experience working on web interfaces that solve accessibility challenges.
- Working knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 Guidelines.
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Knowledge of interaction design patterns and standards across platforms.
- Confident champion of Human Centred Design.
- Loves working in a collaborative agile environment.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work from a remote location.
- Passion for MURAL’s mission.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.