MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
We are looking for an experienced web designer to join our Brand & Creative team. As the first designer focused on growth within our Web Team, you will help us level up our site by ensuring our experiences are the best they can be through thoughtful experimentation, user research, and testing.
You will work closely with the broader Marketing organization, specifically with our Growth counterparts, in crafting hypotheses, designing experiments, and interpreting those results to provide actionable insights.
This position will be the guardian of user experience on the web, focused on business success through the lens of user success. Empathy for the user and understanding that users come in various shapes and sizes is key for this position.
You will also be partly responsible for keeping our site’s styling in check, optimizing assets, and making sure the site has an all-around A+ experience, in all devices and browsers.
- Craft hypotheses, design, and ship experiments regularly
- Provide data-driven, actionable insights, and implement solutions
- Collaborate with our marketers and visual designers to continuously improve our web properties, creating a cohesive and consistent user experience
- Provide a technical perspective on our growth projects, to help scope and identify possible pain points and work to solve them before we get to the implementation
- Research and propose new solutions to make our site more user friendly; focus must be in the user experience from start to finish, how people interact with our site in the big picture, and on the small details
- Maintain documentation of experiments and workflows as you go
- Solid understanding of the research and testing methods required to develop customer empathy and validate ideas
- Strong portfolio that showcases your design skills
- You have a data-influenced but user-focused design mentality that aligns quantitative and qualitative insights to design experiments that drive business outcomes while providing a thoughtful user experience
- Passion for user-focused design and a sense of deep empathy for user problems; advocate for the user, not for the web crawler
- Experience with marketing teams & marketing automation and testing platforms, included, but not limited to Marketo, Heap, Optimizely, Demandbase, GA/GTM and Zapier
- Communication skills that allow you to successfully collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to work independently and asynchronously, as well as being a member of a fully remote, global team
- Candidness to speak up if you need help or support
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Ideally you have...
- Proven experience building modern, responsive websites in Webflow with a focus on performance
- Rapidly produce multiple design concepts; knowing when to create pixel-perfect prototypes, and when to make low-fi sketches
- Ability to own the end-to-end design process, from rough ideas to high fidelity prototypes using MURAL and Figma
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, understanding priorities, and setting clear expectations to stakeholders
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.