MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 500 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
Come join MURAL’s Content Design team and help to bring clarity and humanity to the words we use. You know that language can make or break a digital experience. At MURAL, you’ll advocate for language that empowers people to collaborate and change the way they work.
As a service team within Product Design, we partner with designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and more to ensure that MURAL’s words embody and amplify the company’s voice.
You’ll make MURAL more usable, useful and delightful, while working to cultivate our budding content design program.
As a content designer at MURAL, you will:
- Collaborate with product designers and cross-functional partners to deliver clear, consistent, and conversational UI text that makes emotional connections with people and makes their lives easier with MURAL.
- Ensure that the text in all product experiences, across web and apps, is aligned and communicates that moment’s value proposition.
- Iteratively refine and improve your work based on feedback, testing, and research.
- Bring MURAL’s voice to life within the product by incorporating our brand into everything you write.
- Contribute to content strategy and information architecture decisions across all product areas and platforms. Ensure cohesive narratives and mental models.
- Level up content design practices and quality throughout the team. You’ll nurture the knowledge, skills, and confidence of people with varying degrees of each.
- Maintain, update, and promote UX copywriting guidelines and resources for product-wide adoption.
- Deeply understand how MURAL’s customers think and perceive the world.
- Advocate for content that's accessible, ethical, trustworthy, and human.
- Own your assignments from intake to delivery. You'll work closely with your teammates yet also be trusted to manage your work independently. You'll communicate effectively to collaborate with a distributed team.
- Help to establish the Content Design team’s workflow and processes. For example, incorporate tools that make us more efficient, or create resources that extend our reach. You'll find ways to champion the inclusion of UX writing at all stages of design.
Ideally you have...
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a feel for the craft
- A designer’s approach to language, with the ability to apply UX, design thinking, and human-centered methodologies
- Ability to articulate content design decisions and advocate for the user
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing samples for web or mobile applications
- Native-level fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Passion for and commitment to product excellence, along with a results-driven mindset
- Good listening and communication skills, with emotional intelligence for different communication styles
Bonus points for experience with:
- Writing UI text for a SaaS product
- Agile methodologies
- Creating or maintaining style guides
- Working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.