MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As the Community Engineering Manager, you will grow our business by managing and mentoring a team of engineers to build and integrate tools and features that help us expand globally.
MURAL is transforming how teams put imagination to work by making it easy for everyone to collaborate visually from anywhere. The community team supports, educates, and empowers our members by connecting them with peers and partners. Members share ideas and best practices through a variety of templates, learning, and other content focused on unlocking the power of remote collaboration.
You will be responsible for our community forum, help and learning center, and template experiences. You will also enable new opportunities for community members to monetize their MURAL skills with experts on demand. You will build and manage a small team of engineers to own in-house and off-the-shelf solutions. Your passion for learning and collaboration will shine through in the work of you and your team.
In this role you will:
- Own and deliver key projects that advance our community efforts
- Manage and support a team of engaged engineers
- Work with 3rd party vendors and contract developers to implement solutions
- Conduct regular 1 on 1’s with your engineers and develop their careers
- Understand the technical needs of the team and hire engineers to fill those roles
- Identify key stakeholders and mediate between the team and stakeholders
- Work closely with the technical lead to deliver on our goals, advance our engineering efforts, improve quality, perform retrospectives and demonstrate overall ownership
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- At least 2 years experience in Engineering Management.
- A computer science degree in or relevant experience in the field.
- Experience in community and learning efforts
- A passion for career development.
- Ability to act as a mediator for your team.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.