MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
We are looking for an incredible storyteller that can help us drive internal communications across our quickly scaling and global teams. Your main goal will be to help thread the needle between everyone's work and the company’s goals, as well as drive a sense of purpose.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who has experience driving impactful communications initiatives for dynamic organizations. You’ll be a trusted communications advisor to the rest of the leadership team and the company at large.
Among some of your responsibilities, you will help tell the MURAL story to candidates and employees alike, provide context for company wide initiatives and programs and celebrate our culture. We are searching for a candidate who is adept at networking across the business, listening to and understanding employees’ needs, and is willing to ask thought-provoking questions, and advising our leaders on how to ensure their message has impact.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive the development and execution of internal communications strategies and tactics that highlight our cultural values and company strategy and goals
- Serve as a partner to executives, our People Operations team and other stakeholders
- Establish new channels for engagement with our MURAListas
- Develop internal communications infrastructure and processes to streamline and scale
- Manage all internal communications programming, such as our company all-hands, employee newsletter, Wiki, programs and events
- Work closely with Marketing to help drive Employer Branding initiatives
- Utilize our employee communication channels (e.g., All Hands meetings, Internal Wiki, Slack, Engagement surveys) to ensure we are listening and learning from our employees, and grounding our communications efforts in data
- Be the gatekeeper for all relevant content in our internal Wiki, including managing and posting new and existing policies and procedures in partnership with the Operations and Technology teams
- Ensure all employee-centric communications clearly explain how our work ties back to our broader mission, goals, and values
- Make sure all of our communications are aligned and resonate with all of our global MURAListas
- Manage and curate content for our bi-weekly All-Hands meetings
- 7+ years experience in executive, internal or employee communications with global, fast-paced organizations
- Superb attention to detail and project management skills
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills
- A love for being both a strategist and a doer
- An optimistic approach to problem-solving and a proven track record of successful partnership with team members
- The ability to lead through influence
- Experience producing communications across a variety of channels, such as newsletters, videos, and events such as conferences, seminars, customer meetings and/or all-hands meetings
- Skills in visual communication is a must
- Empathetic: you have an intuitive ability to understand the feelings and perspectives of others and love connecting with people.
- A natural storyteller: you are an exceptional writer and public speaker who knows how to move an audience, drawing on your understanding of human emotion, motivation, and psychology.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.