MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Core Services Engineer you will help us expand our users capabilities by developing back-end services that power our cutting edge visual collaboration app. You are passionate about sockets, workers, data streaming, networking, and real time multi user experiences. You have imagined several ways to write an MMO Game Server. You really know your way around Web Server technologies and Cloud Services. Our belief is simple: Generate wows by making users enjoy using our platform. Shift their mind state from work to fun.
In this role, you will:
- Develop new Core Services features
- Study, identify and improve performance, scalability or reliability bottlenecks.
- Understand user requirements and pain points in order to be able to help solve them.
- Work closely with the architecture, product and design teams.
- Lead complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Hack through your ideas. Generate as many POCs as possible.
- Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions
- Implement automated unit, behavioural and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently
- Be part of every tech design you wish, we are open to everyone.
- Participate in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- A MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or 7 years of proven experience in similar work
- 5+ years of experience developing or working with highly interactive web applications that rely on Web Sockets, Worker Queues, Notifications, Comments, etc
- Strong technical skills and relevant experience on real time or mission critical systems in any of the following: NodeJS, Go, Rust, Java, .NET or C++. Knowledge of JS and Typescript are a strong plus.
- Hands on development of collaboration or social applications, or MMO games
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.