MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As an Engineering Manager for the Virality team, you will grow our business by creating a new team in collaboration with the product manager, managing and mentoring the engineers, and help Mural expand globally.
The main focus of the team is to increase and facilitate invitations to create virality from a growth standpoint. This means understanding the natural behavior of our users regarding collaboration, invitations, relieving friction when wanting to add members, increasing the desire to invite and relieving friction for users joining in.
In this role, you will:
- Hire, mentor and coach engineers.
- Work with the product manager to deliver experiments and improve Mural’s virality.
- Conduct 1 on 1’s with your direct reports.
- Develop the careers of your reports.
- Collaborate with Product, QA and Design.
- Understand the technical needs of the team and hire engineers to fill those roles.
- Identify key stakeholders and be a mediator between the team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with People Ops, and technical leads and engineers to identify high performers, and give out bonuses and promote engineers.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- At least 2 years experience in Engineering Management.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience as an engineer with a good understanding of both backend and frontend technologies.
- Experience with growth teams and related technologies.
- A computer science degree in or relevant experience in the field.
- Prior hands on experience with running applications in production environments.
- A passion for career development.
- Ability to act as a mediator for your team.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.